Endings are funny things. Sometimes it's a sad ending or sometimes it's a really happy ending.
This ending is bittersweet. I packed my bags into my trunk and drove away from Acadia, as I have a hundred times before. The difference being that was the last time.
Of course I'm sad. These last few weeks have been filled with goodbyes and 'lasts'. Acadia has been an amazing four years, and I'm leaving with a handful of people that I will cherish forever. I went in as a girl completely unsure of herself and have come out as a woman excited for what's ahead!
And here's where I'm happy about leaving! Obviously finishing up my last exams was exhilarating and submitting that final paper was a rush, but the best part about ending a chapter is that you get to start a new one!
In the midst of exams, I received my offer of admission into Yorkville University's Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology program starting on April 28th! I applied for the program months ago and was anxious about getting in, so I was thrilled to receive that news! The program is completely online, so I've been getting myself oriented with the online campus and stalking through the student forums gaining insight into which professors are good and which courses have heavy workloads and all that fun stuff. I'm really excited to start, but also a little overwhelmed. My first courses are Biopsychosocial Approches to Counselling and Theories of Personality. My sociology degree has prepared me for abstract and critical thinking, but I am concerned with how "scientific" these courses will be. Science is not my strong suit. I'm prepared to work my butt off though. This isn't undergraduate school anymore...
More exciting news in the prologue to my next chapter - my future roommates and I are signing a lease for a house in Halifax next week! I'm ecstatic to be moving into a real house with some of my closest friends. It should be a really fun year with lots of crazy adventures! Four girls in one house... all the same shoe size...
Triple Dating
I'll always be grateful to Acadia for bringing this guy into my life!
No comments:
Post a Comment